Happy Holi, everyone! How do you normally celebrate ?
Here are the things I love about Holi: Clouds of colour, festivity, bollywood music, cold beer on a warm day, bright sun, building an ammunition of organic rang, Gujiya
Here are the things I do not like at all about Holi: Permanent colour, chemicals, water balloons that leave bruises, people throwing mud (excuse me?!), the wastage of water.
My Holi was most un-traditional. It was almost not even holi. Besides a few customary colourful hellos with organic rang and watching holi snapchat stories, I didn’t even play Holi this year. Instead, my girl friends and I got together for a binge sesh where we made homemade pizzas and watched movies and collectively nursed a mean hangover. Soon after, I made a lemon pudding that was warm and gooey and delicious. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 45 g butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs (separated)
- juice of 3 lemons
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add the lemon juice, beaten egg yolks and milk and beat
- Add flour and mix to combine
- Whip egg whites until stiff peaks have formed
- Fold shiny egg whites into the mixture
- Pour into individual ramekins
- Set ramekins in the oven tray and fill tray upto halfway with water
- Bake at 150˚ C for about 45 mins or until deep brown on top
- Serve while warm with whipped cream.